Friday, January 8, 2010

2009 Resolutions/Lessons/Goals

So, what have I learned in 2009?

For the first time in a few years, I don't know if I can look back and really see any life-altering lessons that I've learned. I think there are more just things that I need to figure out and that I have not yet got a handle on enough to see if there's a lesson there or not.

1. I have a very unhealthy habit of standing in my own way. I can't even figure out what it is that makes me that way. There is so much I just want to "go for" in life and sometimes I just can't or won't push myself to do it. Then there is something about the way I think that makes me blame myself for everything that goes wrong in my life. I think it's a very terrible quality to have and I really want to change it. Suggestions?

2. Always eat before a night of heavy drinking. Those who know me well enough, know this story.

Resolutions / Goals

Well, there are many things I want for 2010 and I am hoping I can accomplish most or all of them. These include, but are not limited to:

1. Focus on paying down debt - I want to be able to afford a few nice things again every once in a while, and this involves being able to put some things on credit. However, I have just enough debt to the point where I don't want to take the risk of not being able to pay bills soon, etc. I am putting myself on stricter limits and freezing my credit card spending as much as I possibly can this year in order to pay down the debt.

2. Get to bed a little earlier - This involves less time on the internet, etc. I am simply tired of going through my work week feeling like I am desperately fighting sleep just to get my job done in the morning. I don't want to have to rely on that first cup of tea every day to make me alert and focused.

3. Work toward forwarding my career aspirations - I want to develop the skills I only broke the surface of when I was in college, so I can work my way up just a little in my career life. I got my first full-time job last year and it is satisfactory. However, I can see myself growing weary after a few years, if I'm not careful. I want to fine-tune some of my skills in an effort to keep moving forward. I wouldn't mind moving up within the same company, either; as it is a great company to work for.

4. Music - As usual, I want to finish up some projects and get on stage with a band again. This is still a passion of mine and I'm not treating like one.

5. Get in shape - This one is always on the list and I do like to think I've improved in this area over the last few months as the last time I visited the doctor, I received some great news about my cholesterol reading and I owe it all to my running habits. Now, I just need to get rid of this stomach.

2009 - A year full of extreme highs and extreme lows; feeling somewhere in-between there lately. 2010 - Bring it on. I'm ready for what's next in the world of Craig.

No comments: