Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Are we approaching that time again?!

2009 is just about coming to a close. My next post will most likely be the Year-in-review like I have done the past 2 years in a row. This time, a new added feature will take place where I post a bunch of mini-reviews of albums I have bought that were released throughout the course of 2009 and pick one stand-out winner of "Craig's Album of the Year 2009". This may turn into a multi-part series that I may begin fairly soon. I don't believe there are too many more 2009 albums that I am going to wish to acquire; and if there are, I will save those reviews until last. This will be in addition to the month-by-month review of events in my life and the section to follow on lessons learned and resolutions for 2010. I enjoy doing this as sort of a way to gauge where I've been vs. where I am vs. where I'm going.

So, brief preview of what's to come in my Year-in-Review. For starters, it's once again been a huge year in my life...professionally and personally. I'm sure I'll have a section regarding the most important and the best job I've had yet (one that probably saved me from a mental breakdown). I'll also speak pretty straightforwardly, but not at length, about the infamous "breakup"; mainly discussing briefly what happened and the strength it took to make it through and finally put it behind me. I say that I won't talk at length about it, because A.) It's no longer deserving of giving much thought to anymore; B.) Some scars and wounds are a little too personal to discuss on a weblog, but if you want to know my deep (and yes, somewhat dark) feelings about the topic, you can ask me privately; and lastly C.) I'm only concerned with getting far away from it and moving on at this point. The reason I will even briefly discuss it is because (to borrow from one of my favorite bands) in this point in my life, my breakup has been my "incident", that is to say that one moment or event that happens in your life where you know that nothing will ever be the same from that point forward. Aside from all that, I have some stories about vacations, finding myself when I didn't think I would need to, getting a new car, going to concerts, etc.

There is still a month and a half to go! Who knows, the best may be yet to come. See you soon!

No comments: