Monday, December 28, 2009

2009: A Year-in-Review: Part 1 - By the Months

I know what you're thinking to yourself: "What the hell happened to the album reviews?!" Well, don't fret. They shall return. I wanted to deviate from them, due to two factors. 1. I like to do my year-in-review post prior to the turning of the next year as a way to cap it off. 2. I got a few more 2009 albums on Christmas that need a little more "sinking-in" time before I can properly do a review of them.

So, without further ado, I bring you Craig's Year-in-Review 2009 Edition: Part 1

January
New job. New Craig. New lifestyle. That about says it all. I began a new job on January 5 that basically turned my life around. I had grown so incredibly frustrated with my previous job, I could no longer function in my personal life without bringing the job-stress with me. Everything fell into place perfectly for this new career move. I feel as though I owe a huge debt of gratitude to those who helped make it happen. Granted, I still feel as though this job is somewhat of a stepping-stone to greater things. However, this is it. Life with a full-time job; and not a bad job either. I would go into a few of the details, but I feel as though it may bore some. Don't get me wrong, it's not a boring job, for the most part. It's about what I would want from an entry-level, full-time position. There were also some unforeseen growing pains of adjusting to a full-time schedule that I really didn't see coming and have finally, in the past couple months, got myself comfortable with. The things I keep in mind: Evenings are short and sweet; Sleep isn't as important to my daily life as I once thought; Weekends should be used to the fullest extent as they are the highlight of the week and really quite amazing.

February
More of the same. Holy crap it was cold this month! Probably have to endure similar conditions this coming year. The heating bill sky-rocketed. (I have the gas-company's asses kicked whenever the next budget re-evaluation is though. I was prepared this time!) I was offered an official position in the company where I work. Should have mentioned I started through a temp agency. I honestly can't recall much else happening during this month...just that it was cold and pretty shitty because of that. This may have been the month in which I had to enter my car through the trunk for about a week; because a whole team of dumbasses must have designed my car. The driver's-side door handle busted and the passenger's side doesn't have a key-hole. Genius!! I see so many benefits to that! *side note: most likely never buying a Ford again the rest of my life.

March
I think the weather got so bad early this month, that work closed down halfway through the day one day. My Mustang made it home, so nobody had the right to complain that day. The new U2 album also came out this month. It was a lot of excitement and a little bit of disappointment. I have gone over it so much in my weblogs that I don't think it's worth ranting about again. The biggest benefit of this month is that I can start running outside again by the end of it. Otherwise, I'm not a huge fan of Spring. I think that was everything of note that happened in March.

Well, looks like I'm going to do this in quarters, because just coming up with three months took me about an hour. So, more to come! Stay Tuned!

No comments: